All of the drinks- and spirits awards of 2016 has been announced, Hernö Gin is the most awarded gin in Europe for the fourth year in a row. Hernö Gin has been competing in three of the biggest competitions for drinks and spirits and is the big winner once again.
Last week The Spirits Business held their annual awards ceremony and Hernö Gin achieved great success just like previous years. Hernö Gin received the Gin Grand Master for the third time and Hernö Old Tom Gin was named the best gin in 2016 and thereby acquires the Taste Master 2016 in the gin category.
At the ceremony Hernö Gin received the most awards of all competing gins. With two trophies, three Master- and eight Gold medals there is no doubt which gin brand is the big winner according to The Spirits Business.
– Sweden is strengthening its position in the spirits industry. We now have several world leading distillers based here in Sweden. It’s a great honour to be part of this journey to keep developing and challenging the global drinks culture, says Jon Hillgren, Master Distiller and founder of Hernö Gin.
When Hernö Gin sums up this year, the small distillery has been awarded with no less than four trophies, 14 Master- and Gold medals and 10 other medals from The Spirits Business, International Wine and Spirits Competition and International Spirit Challenge.
Hernö Gin’s trophies since the launch 2012:
- Gin Grand Master 2013, The Spirits Business
- Boutique Distiller of the Year 2015, IWSC
- Contemporary Gin Trophy 2015, IWSC
- Gin Grand Master 2015, The Spirits Business
- Gin Grand Master 2016, The Spirits Business
- Taste Master Gin 2016, The Spirits Business
- Gin Producer of the Year 2016, IWSC
- Gin & Tonic Trophy 2016, IWSC